Final Post

    Technology over the years has become more advanced allowing for faster widespread communication and the development of artificial intelligence. Everyday, millions of people are using technology for communication, entertainment, shopping, and looking up information. They are creating accounts and making posts on social media, unaware that what they put on the internet stays there forever. Most people would think that their relationship with technology is healthy because they use technology for entertainment and communication, but they don't know about the downsides of technology. Some downsides of technology are hate comments, content staying on the internet forever, getting information stolen, and getting misinformed. As a result of these downsides, people will become misinformed with news that they read as a result of propaganda, teenagers receiving hate comments causing them to become depressed, and people's identity or money stolen by sketchy links and websites. 

    Social media has become a part of everyday life with people creating entertainment and making money from social media. There are many downsides to social media like misinformation and dangerous trends. People who want to gain lots of followers, will post funny content, trends, and anything interesting in their personal life. As a result of wanting to gain followers, sometimes people go too far and they might create fake content like staging something dramatic or doing dangerous trends. Hate comments on social media can cause people to become depressed or lower their self-esteem and that can affect their personal life like school.     

I think that my relationship with technology is healthy because I rarely post on social media and I use it mostly for entertainment and communication. By rarely posting on social media, I am able to keep my life personal, unlike people who post their daily life on social media, allowing anyone to know what their personal life is like. Sometimes, I think that my relationship with technology is unhealthy because I would be using it for hours when I am bored and don't feel like doing homework, causing me to procrastinate. The information that I find online most of the time is real and not misleading, but if the information looked a little odd, I would do my own research or completely ignore it. 

    I don't have an online presence on the internet because I don't post on social media at all, so when employers are searching for my name online, they will find other people, but not me. In the future, I would create a LinkedIn profile and on social media like Instagram, I would put posts that are related to my major, so employers don't have to look at only one social media site. 




No comments:

Post a Comment